Delta-Lawyer
Delta-Lawyer, Attorney
Experience:  10 years practicing IP law and general litigation
12711280

I was fired on 8 of april They did not give a reason or a write

Customer Question

I was fired on 8 of april They did not give a reason or a write up. I had o nly 5 points and they company if you have 8 or more they will fire you.They wanted me to transfer to another p. Plus they wanted me to sign a contract and it said I will not miss for 90 days I did not sigh,because they do not do it for other people I have been there for almost 14y the lady in hr has helped me very much she went to my old boss and asked why he fired my she did not get a repilejimmie
Expert:  Delta-Lawyer replied 1 year ago.
I hope this message finds you well, present circumstances excluded. I am a licensed attorney with over a decade of experience in employment law. It is a pleasure to assist you today.
Unless you have an employment contract that states to the contrary, then you are considered employed at will. This means that you can be terminated for any reason or no reason at all without recourse.
That said, you cannot be terminated if the termination stems from discrimination (based on race, gender, age, handicap or ethnicity). As such, if you feel as though you were terminated for that reason, you need to file a complaint with your local EEOC Office against the employer for wrongful termination based on discrimination. This can lead to a law suit in federal court in which you can receive damages.
Let me know if you have any other questions or comments.
Best wishes going forward!
Did you have any addition questions or comments? Just want to make sure you are as comfortable as possible moving forward. Thanks!