Richard, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with 29 years of experience.
17027240

What is considered a usurious loan in ark.

Customer Question

what is considered a usurious loan in ark.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!
Arkansas has one of the less favorable consumer standards when it comes to usury laws. the consumer or personal loan general usury interest rate limitation in Arkansas is 17%. For non-consumers, the interest rate limitation is set at 5% above the Federal Prime Rate. In Arkansas, interest rates on judgments can be below the usury limitation rate of 17%. The interest rate on judgments in Arkansas is 10% or the agreed upon interest rate -- whichever is greater.
See: http://www.usurylaw.com/state/arkansas.php
Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as OK, Good or Excellent (hopefully Good or Excellent). I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!