Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992
11068102

I have a question. I was in an accident and I know (and

Customer Question

Hi, I have a question. I was in an accident and I know (and have proof) that I was hit and subsequently hit the person in front of me. There is a lady who came forward and claims to have seen the accident take place and says no one hit me. However, there are scratches and small dent on my rear bumper that weren't there before.
Is there a chance I will be charged with filing a false police report, even though I know I was hit?
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts.
A chance? Yes.
A likelihood? No, especially if there is ANY damages to the area where you state the contact occurred. Just be sure and take pictures, etc. for your records.
The police are used to eyewitnesses telling conflicting stories.