Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992
11068102

If I am driving my golf cart in the camp ground I rent at is

Customer Question

if I am driving my golf cart in the camp ground I rent at is it legal for the camp ground owner to run into my golf cart because he thinks my sterio is to loud....then we have a argument cause I get upset that he hit my golf cart he calls the law and everything settled down for that nite before mothers day.....he calls me on mothers day tells me my cart has to no longer be in camp grounds cause of all last nite . Let say my music was loud but now I punished for me getting upset on music to loud.....well I was upset he rammed my golf cart 3 time....what rights do I got in ohio logan county camp grounds ...if he just rode up said turn down its to loud we would never argued but since he hit my cart I got upset and told him about it ...now I either move out of park or not have a golf cart which is impossibly reasonable for I have 8 family members and to walk this campsite isn't reasonable.
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts.
is it legal for the camp ground owner to run into my golf cart because he thinks my sterio is to loud
No, it is not legal. It is the equivalent to him punching you because he didn't like the music, making it assault/battery.
As to the the question "what are my rights" I need you to be more specific. When we answer general ones like "what are my rights" or "what are my options" we have to give general answers and, invariably, the customer responds with "I already knew that". This type of forum works better if you ask specific questions so we know exactly what you are looking for.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ok questions can he make me not ride my cart for my music being to load in that camp ground.......? 2 ...has he got power to kick me out over music to loud or to put me on probation for such of offense
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
now I will keep down in future but this was the first time he said it at appox. 11;00 at nite
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 2 years ago.
can he make me not ride my cart for my music being to load in that camp ground
There's no law that says he can't and therefore you have to look at the contract/agreement that you signed. If the contract or agreement you signed that allows you to park the camper there does not states that you are permitted to operate a golf cart with no restrictions then the owner of the campground is free to set any restrictions he sees fit.
If the agreement does state you can operate the golf cart with no restrictions then your recourse would be to sue the campground owner for breach of contract. Regardless of what the contract says you could also sue him for ramming your golf cart with his.
has he got power to kick me out over music to loud or to put me on probation for such of offense
This is the same as the answer to the question above, it depends on the language of the contract/agreement.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I don't believe there is any contract or language to this in our agreement they are very laxed in this area
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 2 years ago.
If there is no language at all then the owner can basically set the rules as he sees fit with some exceptions, such as not being able to treat you differently due to race, age, disability, etc.
If it a lease that is longer than a month to month and he tries to evict you then it becomes more difficult for him to do so without some specific rule that is being broken. If it is a monthly rental/lease then he can refuse to extend it for an additional month for essentially any reason he chooses.
You might still want to report him ramming you to the police since if you do that and he then evicts you because you reported him the court would likely award damages for that.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
did not do damage but pissed me off and mad him come back with this punishment since I stood up to his don't hit my equipment he has little guy sindrum
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 2 years ago.
Even without damages you should still report him. Look for scratches or anything that shows contact. It establishes a history of instability on his part, etc.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
if he hit us again cause that what he does to show his power over people ....I he would do it AGAIN AND THE I GET MAD AND HIT HIS BACK WHAT WOULD HAPPEN CAUSE HE IS OUT CONTROL
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 2 years ago.
I don't understand what you meant by that, can you rephrase?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ALL THESE ANSWER WITHIN MY 36 DOLLARS RIGHT.....REFRASSED if I get road rage after he hit my cart and hit him or his cart would I get in trouble since he did first damage
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 2 years ago.
Yes, so far everything you have asked has remained within your initial amount.
Yes, you would/could still get into trouble which is another reason that it is important to notify the police about the incident that occurred. They almost always take the property owner's side in the initial complaint if both parties have different stories and the property owner is the one that reported the incident.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
if I make a filing will he know it ....at this point
he also did this to a friend of mine last year and he was driving my father cart so it a sore subject to us
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 2 years ago.
Likely he will know it, the police will likely come and talk to him. The fact that he has done it before will also be an issue.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
well if he know it he will likely not renew my yearly rental agreement which I have my entire family in this park and its by far the best in area for entertainment reasons so I worry about him turning toward entire family and we have 100,000."S invested in this park
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 2 years ago.
That is certainly a possibility. What you may want to do is take a copy of the agreement as well as anything else in writing to a local lawyer and let them look it over and see if there are any protections there. It's not likely but it is possible.
In addition, the lawyer may be able to use the fact that he attacked you to keep him from not renewing.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
is there a time limit on filing these charges
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 2 years ago.
It would be a year or more but realistically if you don't do it with a week or so at th emost the police aren't going to take it seriously.