Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

I want to change the executor and the amount of distribution

Customer Question

I want to change the executor and the amount of distribution to each child, can I do this with a codicil, and does it have to be filed with the county I live in, like my will was
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.
Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'm a litigation attorney. Thanks for your question. I'll be glad to assist.
Yes, you can use a codicil to achieve these things. Generally, a codicil is a document that amends -- rather than replaces -- a previously executed will. Amendments made by a codicil may add or revoke small provisions (e.g., changing executors), or may completely change the majority, or all, of the gifts under the will.
Also, the codicil would be filed with the court just like your will if it has been filed.