How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask P. Simmons Your Own Question
P. Simmons
P. Simmons, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 33784
Experience:  16 yrs. of trial experience
Type Your Legal Question Here...
P. Simmons is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If you are suspended in Texas but currently live in OKC, Ok.

Customer Question

If you are suspended in Texas but currently live in OKC, Ok. How can you get representation in OKC to get a license?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.
Hi, My name is Philip. I am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.
You have to go to Texas. You can not resolve this in OK...that simply is not possible. You will need to have your TX license reinstated BEFORE OK will issue a license.
The reason for this is a set of laws known as the Drives License Compact (DLC). This interstate agreement is an compact (an agreement between the member states) to share drivers license information with other member states.
So the suspension in TX will be honored by OK, since both TX and OK are members of the DLC.
If the goal is to obtain an OK license? You will need to hire an attorney in TX to help you recover your TX license...once you do that? Then OK will be willing to issue a license.
Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.