P. Simmons, Attorney
Experience:  16 yrs. of trial experience
11181181

If you are suspended in Texas but currently live in OKC, Ok.

Customer Question

If you are suspended in Texas but currently live in OKC, Ok. How can you get representation in OKC to get a license?
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.
Hi, My name is Philip. I am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.
You have to go to Texas. You can not resolve this in OK...that simply is not possible. You will need to have your TX license reinstated BEFORE OK will issue a license.
The reason for this is a set of laws known as the Drives License Compact (DLC). This interstate agreement is an compact (an agreement between the member states) to share drivers license information with other member states.
So the suspension in TX will be honored by OK, since both TX and OK are members of the DLC.
If the goal is to obtain an OK license? You will need to hire an attorney in TX to help you recover your TX license...once you do that? Then OK will be willing to issue a license.
Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.