LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I am a practicing attorney with more than 30 years of experience in the legal field.
15277592

I am a small business owner and I have a client \

Customer Question

I am a small business owner and I have a client with a signed contract that owes me a balance of $1300. for over 6 months. He has all internet credentials, website, etc. He has EVERYTHING included plus more in his contract with me. How do I do this? I need to recoup my money as it is business and has come directly out of my business. I have paid for all services, expecting him to pay - he has not! I have contacted him through text and email weekly. I need my money. While it looks small, it's not to me, and it's the principal.
Please explain the process for me to proceed moving forward immediately. Thank you! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.
Good afternoon Heidi,
I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.
When companies like his break their agreements to pay on a debt, you are left with little choice but to sue then other company in small claims court.
Under FL law, you may sue in small claims for up to $5,000 and so the amount owed will not prevent you from seeking justice in the small claims court. Here is a link to the FL small claims court website where you can determine the proper court from which to get the Complaint form you will need to fill out, file with the local court and have served on the other party.
http://flcourts.org/resources-and-services/family-courts/family-law-self-help-information/small-claims.stml
Many FL county small claims courts offer the complaint forms online so you can download the form, fill it out and take it to the court to file.
In most cases, when you win your suit, the other party will willingly pay your judgment. If they do not, you can have the sheriff seize their company property and sell it to pay your judgment.
You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.
Kindly, remember to rate my service to you. That is how I am credited for assisting you.
I wish you and yours the best in 2015,
Doug
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.
Good afternoon,
I received a notification that you have responded with a followup question, however, there is no followup question posted to the question thread. If you did try to post another question, it was not in fact posted, and I would request that you re-ask the question. Thanks in advance,
Doug