Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
10707909

I am a male and live in Texas. I clean my house in the nude

Customer Question

I am a male and live in Texas. I clean my house in the nude only for the sake of being comfortable. I have school age kids walking by in the afternoon, so I am very mindful to do my cleaning during school hours. My blinds are usually open. If someone passing by happens to see me, just a glimpse as I don't stand in front of window exposing myself for viewing, am I breaking any laws. I am a naturalist and get no pleasure having anyone see me naked. I just enjoy the freedom.
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.
Hello
This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard since the professional you requested is unavailable at this time
Here are the two Texas Statutes that could apply
Sec. 21.08. INDECENT EXPOSURE.
(a) A person commits an offense if he exposes his anus or any part of his genitals with intent to arouse or gratify the sexual desire of any person, and he is reckless about whether another is present who will be offended or alarmed by his act.
(b) An offense under this section is a Class B misdemeanor.
Sec. 21.07. PUBLIC LEWDNESS.
(a) A person commits an offense if he knowingly engages in any of the following acts in a public place or, if not in a public place, he is reckless about whether another is present who will be offended or alarmed by his:
(1) act of sexual intercourse;
(2) act of deviate sexual intercourse;
(3) act of sexual contact; or
(4) act involving contact between the person's mouth or genitals and the anus or genitals of an animal or fowl.
(b) An offense under this section is a Class A misdemeanor.
I suggest you could be subject to the Indecent Exposure if anyone who happens to walk by and glances into your window is offended. I know, it is your home and as you say you are not standing in front of an open window for deliberate view. But I suggest it could be a charge based on the blinds being open and it could be considered "reckless"
Please NOTE that I can only provide informational answers to what you ask
Therefore, if you have other questions or need clarification in this regard, please let me know. Otherwise, I would appreciate a Positive Rating as that is how I get credit for my time and information.
Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your timely response. Was this a one time fee, or will I be getting billed monthly?
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.
HelloYou're welcome. I cannot address your billing options. You can use the Contact Us button below and the administrators will help you with that. Thank you