Delta-Lawyer
Delta-Lawyer, Attorney
Experience:  10 years practicing IP law and general litigation
12711280

Ok my boyfriend has a 4,000 dollar in state custody hold from

Customer Question

Ok my boyfriend has a 4,000 dollar in state custody hold from his tribe for missing court, he is in Pottawatomie county but will be done here on may 29th, can I pay the bond for the other county, before he is moved and get him released, so he doesn't have to be moved to the other county.
Expert:  Delta-Lawyer replied 1 year ago.
I hope this message finds you well, present circumstances excluded. I am a licensed attorney with over a decade of criminal law experience. It is a pleasure to assist you today.
You can only pay the bond for the county in which he is currently incarcerated. You cannot preemptively pay to a county that he may be going to at a later date.
So, as I understand your question, you cannot essentially "pay ahead" and have him released upon transfer, unfortunately. You have to pay to the institution that his holding him at the time.
Let me know if you have any other questions or comments.
Best wishes going forward!
Let me know if you have any other questions. I want to make sure you are as comfortable as possible moving forward. Thanks!