Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

Hired "friend" to pack and store contents of my house (I was

Customer Question

hired "friend" to pack and store contents of my house (I was in hospital and later a health care center for physical therapy and later a move to a retirement apt). when starting to go get stored items, I asked about certain items and answers like "the cats knocked them down and they got broken" or "it got broken during move and thrown in dumpster" or just a blank look or a shrug came from her. Over a year later (recently though). she told me "if its not in storage, it went in dumpster." My property has been noted on a long list itemized and its extensive (by me) and includes all contents of kitchen, laundry, two bathrooms, desk and table tops and shelves. She accepted check for work supposed to have been done and did not disclose that she threw anything away (until later after many questions). She owns storage
Expert:  Loren replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I will do whatever I can to answer your question and provide excellent service.
Before I answer a bit more detail would be helpful please.
Was your friend told to dispose of any of your property?
Thank you.