Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
10707909

I have a unique new concept cat product.How would I

Customer Question

I have a unique new concept for a cat product.
How would I go about presenting the concet to appropriate parties?
I have PDF files showing the product.
Thank you
.
Expert:  Michelle-mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Michelle and I'm a moderator for this topic.
We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still needing assistance from one of the Experts?
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question.
Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Pet to Legal.
Thank you,
Michelle~Moderator
Expert:  Sam replied 2 years ago.
Hello
This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard, if you are still needing information in this regard.
Please let me know
Thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I never recieved an answer...
Expert:  Sam replied 2 years ago.
Hello
This is Samuel again.
I suggest that you will want to have the product patented. You can do that via the link below. In the meantime, if you are presenting your idea to markerters, I suggest you will want a Non Disclosure Agreement. This would mean that you state the product is patent-pending and that any information that is disclosed in regard to the product will remain confidential and they can in no way, shape or form, share it with others or market it without your approval and based on whatever price you two would agree to in that regard
http://www.uspto.gov/patents-getting-started/general-information-concerning-patents
Please copy and paste that link into a browser to see the process for a patent.
I apologize for any delay. I was waiting for you to reply to my information request and I just now am getting that notice.