Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

I received a letter from SKo Brenner collection from

Customer Question

I received a letter from SKo Brenner for a collection from Nautilus Bowflex on a machine that I ordered and paid for with 2 different credit cards and I have the receipt from Bowflex and now they are trying to say that I am in default for payment. Bowflex is saying that I did the easy pay and set up payments, which I didn't do. I paid in full using 2 credit cards. I do not know how they can attempt to try to collect a debt that was paid 100%.

Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Do you have the credit card statements proving payment, or have you called the credit card companies yet to verify payment?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. That's right I have my statements that show payment so I should be ok because I have that proof of payment. Thank you so much!
Thank you for your reply.

You need to respond to them by a written letter informing them they have made a mistake and in accordance with your rights pursuant to the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act you are providing proof their debt is invalid and you are now asking them to correct their error and cease and desist all communications to try to collect the debt. Tell them that if they do not correct the error and continue to contact you about paying this debt, it will constitute harassment under the FDCPA and you will sue for damages up to $1000 per violation plus attorney's fees.

Attach a copy of the statements proving that you paid to your letter.

This should cure your problem with them.