Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
10707909

Can I block a transfer to a mental hospital husband

Customer Question

Can I block a transfer to a mental hospital for my husband the hospital court over ruled us
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.
HelloThis is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regardBut I need some background.What is a "hospital court"?Why is your husband in the hospital?And why do you not want him moved? Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He has dementia and they had a court meeting in the hospital the hospital they want to send him to is a state mental hospital 2 hrs away
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.
If you can care for him at home, you can do that.
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.
You are under no legal obligation to have him transferred anywhere. As his wife and his next of kin, you call the shots.
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.
I suggest you consider looking into some sort of other state assistance to help you with keeping him closer to you at home. You can get a list of providers and care givers from the hospital and also from your local library. There are avenues you can take.
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.
Please tell me what state and county you are in and I will see what resources are available.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They are movig him at 5 today
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm in warren oh Trumbull county
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.
Thank youAnd because time is of the essence, I suggest you review this link
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.
And try to get some immediate help.
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.
And here is another link with resources.
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.
Please NOTE that I can only provide informational answers to what you askTherefore, if you have other questions or need clarification in this regard, please let me know. Otherwise, I would appreciate a Positive Rating as that is how I get credit for my time and information.Thank you