Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
10707909

What georgia law allows a city to adopt any state law in to

Customer Question

what georgia law allows a city to adopt any state law in to the city code of ordinances?
Expert:  Sam replied 2 years ago.
Hello
This is Samuel and I will provide you information in this regard
The Power comes from the GA State Constitution specifically Article IX
SECTION II.
HOME RULE FOR COUNTIES AND MUNICIPALITIES
Paragraph I. Home rule for counties.
(a) The governing authority of each county shall have legislative power to adopt clearly reasonable ordinances, resolutions, or regulations relating to its property, affairs, and local government for which no provision has been made by general law and which is not inconsistent with this Constitution or any local law applicable thereto. Any such local law shall remain in force and effect until amended or repealed as provided in subparagraph
(b). This, however, shall not restrict the authority of the General Assembly by general law to further define this power or to broaden, limit, or otherwise regulate the exercise thereof. The General Assembly shall not pass any local law to repeal, modify, or supersede any action taken by a county governing authority under this section except as authorized under subparagraph (c) hereof.
Please copy and paste the link below into a browser to read in its entirety
http://law.justia.com/constitution/georgia/conart9.html
Please NOTE that I can only provide informational answers to what you ask
Therefore, if you have other questions or need clarification in this regard, please let me know. Otherwise, I would appreciate a Positive Rating as that is how I get credit for my time and information.
Thank you