CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
71563194

Impersonating a police officer

Customer Question

some one called left message  that they got a report i was harassing someone and they were with the police department and for me to call them to discuss the matter. so i called back and the same person that left the message said thanks for calling now we have your number and 50 of the last texts and hung up. i called back and got voice mail, i called right back got voice mail and left a message that impersonating a police officer is illegal and i will be contacting police.    I do not know of a police department that  first of all calls you in the middle of the night and then hangs up on you when you call back without saying me saying a word.  i could be wrong but if this guy is not with the police department what can be done ?

Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.
You are correct, impersonating a police officer is a serious offense. Please call your local police department (use their non-emergency line) and notify them that you would like to report a crime. They will assist you with the report.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

apparently its not a serious offense because they didn't even want to make a police report and said he would have had to show a badge or pull me over to prosecute.

If local law enforcement lacks the resources to pursue the matter, you can also contact the State Attorney General's Office (http://www.ago.state.al.us/Page-Consumer-Protection).