CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
71563194

I have a judgement against from a civil case I lost in Illinois

Customer Question

I have a judgement against from a civil case I lost in Illinois about a hotel loan. I appealled and was granted time to get funds to cover the required letter of credit for the appeal. The bank holding the judgement filed an assett discovery and had my bank accounts frozen before time had expired for posting the bond. The bank admitted in court that were trying to impede my ability to raise the bond money. Is this a violation of my civil rights in Illinois?
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.
It isn't a violation of your "civil rights" but it is a violation of the court's order giving you the extension to file the bond.You can file a motion for sanctions against the bank based on their violation of this order.