Ellen, Lawyer, Consultant
Experience:  25 years of experience helping people like you.
9968427

My daughter was living in Texas last two years. She

Customer Question

My daughter was living in Texas for the last two years. She came back to California in Nov. 2014. She has out stayed her welcome and will not leave. She does not pay rent and she came knowing that she was going to have to find her our place to live. How do I request that she leaves my home.
Expert:  Ellen replied 1 year ago.
** I provide legal information on line as a low cost public service. I do not represent you and no attorney/client relationship exists. Lic Ny, FL**
Thank you for your question. I look forward to providing you with information for educational purposes only.
To remove your daughter from your house, California law requires formal notice followed by a judicial eviction if she does not vacate as directed by the notice.
Regardless of whether an occupant pays rent or has a lease, California law requires that she be treated as a tenant.
The first step is to provide her with a 60 day Notice of Termination. If she fails to vacate the premises after the required notice, you will need to file an unlawful detainer action to evict her.
You may obtain the forms at this link:
http://www.courts.ca.gov/forms.htm?filter=UD
Please let me know if you have any follow-up questions or need clarification by clicking "reply". I would be glad to assist you further if I can
Thank you for the opportunity to assist. Please remember to leave a positive rating.
FiveStarLaw