Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

My mom is in an assisted living facility. She had someone steal

Customer Question

My mom is in an assisted living facility. She had someone steal 200.00 $ then 300.00 $ out of her purse while she was sleeping. ( puse on walker) in room. The third night she wedged her walker in doorway so no could come in. The door was opened but u couldn't get in. She then noticed 3 of her Coach purses were missing - don't know exact occurrence . And she found a wooden stick below her little safe which is the only secure place she had which looked like someone was tring to get in . She locks her door but nurses have keys and u have to call and notify them when u come and go. However, no one should have been in my moms room when she was sleeping which is when money was stolen. I insisted they put lock on closet door. They did reluctantly. They also gave my mom a 500$ deduction in rent for next month( uhmmm). I did not make a police report. What more can we do????
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.
HelloThis is Samuel. I am sorry to hear of this matter.
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.
And so you talked to the management and they said what?