socrateaser, Lawyer
Experience:  Retired (mostly)
10097515

I took a real estate course several years ago. It was

Customer Question

I took a real estate course several years ago. It was very helpful for me and I got my money's worth. Several students had a different outcome and they sued the program directors. I was promised three times the fees I paid for the program by the students' lawyers if they won. I said I don't want any refunds. I have no complaints.
Now I have 2 scenarios playing out.
1. Deposition organized by defendants - the program administrators for May 26th. They expect me to produce all communications that I had with Real Estate Program coordinators.
2. Sub poena by Plaintiff to produce all communications I had with the Real Estate program by May 22nd. They want a copy of all. I am happy to provide all email communications but reproducing the print materials is a tough job - too many print books - can't run it through an industry level print machine.
My questions :
I have the email contacts for both Plaintiffs and defendants' lawyers. Would it be ok for me to send an email to both of them asking them as to how to organize this. I don't care for the outcome of this case. I am a neutral party.
What do you recommend?
Thank you
Ms. M
Expert:  socrateaser replied 1 year ago.
Hello, You can write to the lawyer who has served the subpoena and simply state that while you have the documents requested, you are unable to copy them due to their binding. So, you will make the original documents available to the lawyers for them to copy, or you will bring them to the deposition. You cannot be required to copy the documents, yourself. I hope I've answered your question. Please let me know if you require further clarification. And, please provide a positive feedback rating for my answer -- otherwise, I receive nothing for my efforts in your behalf.Thanks again for using justanswer.com!