Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

New York State: I have custody of my son soon to be 20 year

Customer Question

New York State:
I have custody of my son soon to be 20 year old son. He is currently working part time and not attending college although he "may" return. His mother owns three (3) residences and is trying to get him to live in her recently purchased third residence in a garage converted studio apartment. If this was to be the case, would I be subject to potentially pay child support to her? Thanks. Steve
Expert:  Tina replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome.
My name is ***** ***** my goal is to provide you with excellent service today. Before I can give you an accurate answer to your question, please provide the following additional information:
Does the mother live at the residence too? Would she be paying his expenses?
I look forward to assisting you as soon as I have received this information. Thank you.