RESPONDER9
RESPONDER9, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with more than 25 years of expertise.
71277549

My lawyer filed a waiver of aranment.I have a misdemeanor and

Customer Question

My lawyer filed a waiver of aranment.I have a misdemeanor and had two check can my lawyer be there in my absence. I have paid them off and can my lawyer be there to represent me if live out of state for me in such case.
Expert:  RESPONDER9 replied 2 years ago.
A waiver of arraignment is the document used by the defendant to waive your right to arraignment. This means the document states that you, the defendant understands the charges against you and you will appear in court to face those charges. This document must be assigned by you and your attorney entering your plea (guilty, not guilty, plea bargain, etc.) It must be submitted to the court n advance and signed by the court in some cases. If this is done, your lawyer can appear for arraignment. Hope this helps and appreciate your great rating after reading my answer so I will be paid for my work. Thank you.
You've had some time to review my answer, and I am sending you this follow-up to determine if you require further assistance with your matter. I believe I have answered your question to the best of my abilities. I truly enjoy helping others with my knowledge and experience, and I believe I provide a valuable service. If you agree that my response was of value to you, please support my endeavor to share my knowledge by providing a positive rating; these allow me to continue to serve customers. Providing a positive rating will not cost you any additional charge, but it will permit the website to credit me with answering your question. Otherwise, the website does not credit me with answering your question and keeps your payment unless you request a refund because the website charged you the full value of your question at the time an answer was provided. Thanks.