Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
10707909

My father, who is 80 years old was told to leave the local

Customer Question

my father, who is 80 years old was told to leave the local horse racing track a couple of weeks ago. He said they approaced him, asked for his card and told him to leave. No
explanation was given. This has been my father's life for many years as he has been retired and left with little to do other than to go to casino's and the race track. He is very upset and doesnt know what to do with himself. Can a race track ban you without evidence
of some wrongdoing?
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.
HelloThis is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regardI am sorry to hear of this matter for your Father
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
does he have any recourse?
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.
If it is a privately owned track for instance they get no money from the state or federal government then yes they can ban for no reason. They don't have to have a reason, nor do they have to disclose it and that is probably written in fine print some where
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.
If the government contributes to it in any way I suggest they must have cause otherwise it would be discrimination
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.
I suggest the best thing to do is take your Dad to talk to the management. Find out what they THINK he did. See if you can help make amends.
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.
If you have other questions, please let me know.Otherwise, I would appreciate a positive rating here as that is how i get credit for my time and informationThank you