Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I've been receiving L & I about one year now surgery

Customer Question

I've been receiving L & I about one year now for shoulder surgery that happen on the job, & during that time I signed up for Social Security & was excepted due to back problems of many years , I am now set to go in on the 15th of this month for there PCE exam if that's what it's called , My concern is I think they are wanting to test more than just my left shoulder which I had Rotator surgery on & because I was still working when I sign up they had concern ,Since I've heard nothing from Social Security about any test requiring be done can L & I take it a pond themselves to test my back neck & whatever els they want ? PS My Doctor sign off on SS paper work & I went into one of there SS offices & explain my back condition to them & it was at that time & their opinion that I sign up for SS & was except the first attempt ? I'm 60 & 1/2 years old
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.
I am a bit confused. Who is ordering the examination?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
L & I claim is on my shoulder it's a IME & L & I ordering the IME & I think they want to look at my back which I'm receiving Social Security on , Do they have that right ?
Thank you for the information. Regrettably, the IME can also include your back. Regrettably, they may be trying to show that your back is the problem and not your shoulder so that they could stop your payments. Legally, they are not limited to the examination of your shoulder.