Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Multiple jurisdictions, specialize in business/contract disputes, estate creation and administration.
18572087

Good Afternoon. I just learned of your services and am grateful

Customer Question

Good Afternoon.
I just learned of your services and am grateful for the time and energy you spend sharing your knowledge.
In your opinion, do you think it is worth calling a police officer by telephone, who gave me a ticket in Bristol, PA before the court date? It could carry consequences and quite frankly, between us, without too much detail at this time because I am anxious to call and request respectfully ***** ***** to drop or lessen the ticket. The court letter went to a wrong, old home address... even though my license is the current home I live now and and always has been correct. I even called and talked to a clerk to fix, to no avail. I know the Chief of Police in the next city an especially know his wife, I. Spoke with her in length regarding this who gave me the suggestion of calling the officer. What do you suggest I say, do, etc... In your opinion that the officer would like to hear and have him agree to my request, please? Could you respond as soon as you get a moment, please? I know you must be Super busy and I do truly appreciate your advice more than you will ever know.
Yours Truly,
Nanette
*****@******.***
***-***-****
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I am a licensed Pennsylvania professional and will do my best to help. Nanette, When did you receive the ticket, how long ago?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
January 21st, 2015
Then judge honored a continuance due to my 5 year old had MAJOR surgery and was in hospital for 8 days and needed my care to heal. Then the officer requested a continuance the day before the court date due to some type of military issue. So, here we are in May.
Then I do not see the purpose of calling the police officer, I am afraid. All you need to do is appear about 30 minutes early to the hearing, and then speak with him there if he will be representing the state. You will be able to negotiate or request that he honor your request. But if you call him directly, out of court, unless you know him personally it would be seen as potential harassment and he may refuse to assist. Sincerely, ***** *****
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Even though the Chief of Police in the next city suggested it?
That Chief of Police has no control over this police officer. He is not the boss of this officer. Now, if that officer is easy-going and willing to communicate you can risk it, but my experience with my police who are contacted outside of court or police station is unless they know you, they do not appreciate it and do not help you in the process. Sincerely, ***** *****