Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

My husband is 100%service connected disability. Init sure

Customer Question

My husband is 100%service connected disability. Init sure what he's qualified/ wants. They provided a shower chair which collapsed while showering. ( he over 352 lbs). I want to put a bench in the bath area and have VA pay for it? Also, are there home bound benefits?
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only. Yes, if this is a service connected disability, the VA is liable to pay for all of the needs associated with his disability. If the chair is not sufficient to support him, then they need to provide an alternative means.Also, the VA does also provide for home health care if needed and you need to contact the benefits office or ombudsman and file with them and you will need his doctor to support the need for the in home care. They can pay for a home heath aide or nurse to come in as required by the doctor for assistance.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What benefits are for home bound veterans
Thank you for your reply. Here are the Aid and Attendance Benefits for homebound veterans: http://www.benefits.va.gov/pension/aid_attendance_housebound.asp