Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I am being sued by Unifund CCr citycard debt, elected & had a meeting with arbit

Customer Question

I am being sued by Unifund CCr for a citycard debt, elected & had a meeting with arbitrator where arbitrator is forcing unifund to produce original wet signature application and scheduled another arbitration meeting to go over the discovery of evidence, now received a MSJ basically circumventing the arbitrator becouse i would immagine they can not provide wet signature just needed asdvice on weather they can do that?
Expert:  LegalEagle1 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I would like to assist you with your question today.Can you tell me in which state/court this case was initiated?Also what do you mean by circumventing? Typically an order referring the case to arbitration put the proceeding on hold until a report is made by the arbitrator. Did the creditor specifically ask the court to ignore or abandon the arbitration process?