How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CalAttorney2 Your Own Question
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 10244
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
CalAttorney2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Won Default Judgment in California Superior Court in 2014 against

Customer Question

Won Default Judgment in California Superior Court in 2014 against former employer who failed to pay my salary/commissions. He paid four of the 20 payments and then stopped. What is the California Civil Code need to reference so can get Default Judgment on Court Calendar to have Defendant brought back before my local Superior Court?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 2 years ago.
If you already have the judgment, you shouldn't need to bring him back before the court (unless you want to do a "debtor's examination").Here is a good link to how to enforce your judgment in California (it gives you information on doing a Judgment Lien on real property, personal property, bank levies, wage garnishment, and performing a debtor's examination). California Courts also have a helpful website, complete with forms, to help you enforce your judgment.