Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

Can I legally be denied a test if I owe a past due balance

Customer Question

Can I legally be denied a test if I owe a past due balance and they want the new test paid in a monthly amount I cannot afford? I am paying a collection agency for the past due balance
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note:(A) This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein. No attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. This is repeated in numerous disclaimers throughout the site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms; (B) You may or may not see a timer on the question. The site is doing some testing, but do not worry, this timer should not get in our way. The question may be answered sooner than the timer ends, or a little after. The timer may reset or it may not. Point is - I will try and make it work for our conversation; and(C) For the sake of clarity I may break my replies into several parts, so there may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies. Ergo, until you see me saying "I am ready to be rated," that means I am still working with you and we have not finished yet.I am sorry to hear about this situation. Can you please tell me:1) What state is this in?2) Who do you owe the balance to, and 3) What kind of test is this, exactly?