CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
71563194

My wife and i were evicted on nov 1 2013 FROM A home we leased

Customer Question

My wife and i were evicted on nov 1 2013 FROM A home we leased in hesperia cal.all of our posessions were remanded there except the clouths on our back. we estimate our loss aprx $70,000. we tryed everything we could includeing seeking the hesp police to know avail. my wife and i are in our mid 50s there is know way we can replace these items. Please advise what we can do. we have a list of all our properties that was not returned.
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 2 years ago.
Unfortunately, this is a civil claim (not a criminal one - so the police will not assist you).You can sue your landlord for the loss of your belongings in civil court.Here is a link to the California Attorney General's landlord/tenant handbook specifically regarding the tenant's rights to their property after vacating property.http://www.dca.ca.gov/publications/legal_guides/lt-4.shtml