LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Experience:  10+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.
9540344

I would like to change a small clause in our parenting plan.

Customer Question

I would like to change a small clause in our parenting plan. The change I would like to make is: currently plans states "receiving patent transports the child". I would like to change this to delivering patent transports the child. how difficult is this to do? WhI'dif the other patent does not agree?
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 2 years ago.
Good afternoon. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. If the other parent does not agree, then it would be at the discretion of the Judge. The Judge would look to see if it is in the best interest of the child for this to happen, since it involves the child and if it does not, would look to see if this would cause any hardship. The burden would be on you, as the moving party, to show there is a need and/or basis for this. Either way, the party needs to return the child at some time, so they would have to either be going or coming. If you change it, you would just be taking the child in the reverse order. Typically, a party will change this if the drive creates a problem or hardship and they rather meet in the middle, to lessen the drive. As I shared above, the parent still have to go get the child and deliver it. Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.