Richard, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with 29 years of experience.
17027240

I was bying a new car and thement got tight so i mist some

Customer Question

i was bying a new car and thement got tight so i mist some payment and the car was repossess the olny income i have is social security can a judgedment be put agenest my social security
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you today. You need not worry. Your SS income is an exempt asset, both before and after your receipt. Thus, even if the lender were to pursue a judgment against you for the shortfall (which is not likely given your situation), the lender would not be able to touch your SS. :) Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as OK, Good or Excellent (hopefully Good or Excellent). I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!