LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Experience:  9+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.
9540344

How can I pay past due court costs in two or three payments

Customer Question

How can I pay past due court costs in two or three payments its 1200$ and I can't pay it all at once
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 1 year ago.
Good morning. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. That is something that is at the discretion of the clerk of court. As such, you need to see if they offer and allow this. If so, on Monday, you need to go speak with them and ask about setting up the payments plan or seeing if you can get an extension of time to pay, if that is not allowed and put the money aside, which you have, so you can just make a lump sum payment. When the court costs were imposed, you should have asked the Judge about this but if you did not, then the clerk of court can advise you of options, since you are unable to make it in one payment. Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.