Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

My father has been married to his new wife months he

Customer Question

My father has been married to his new wife for ten months he killed himself. Do we have any legal right to get boxes and go in and get his stuff that is supposed to go to my brother, me and my sister. The wife doesn't want us to for 5-6 months and we want it done now. What can we do?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
*****@******.***
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Hi there. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you. First, let me tell you how sorry I am for the loss of your dad. Having lost my own dad a few years ago, I know what a difficult time this must be for you. I will certainly keep all of you in my prayers! Can you provide me a bit more information? Did your dad have a will? Were these things left to you by your dad in his will? Who is named the executor in the will? Thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
We know of no will. But verbally the wife and my dad said everything goes to us. And the wife told my grandpa that he couldn't take anything that it is our stuff but we found out today that she won't let us even have like my hunter safety card that my dad had in his wallet and wants us to wait 5-6 months to go through stuff. But she had her brother going through my dads stuff.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you! Can you tell me one more thing? In what state did your dad reside at this death? I don't see an indication of that on my screen. Thanks!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Are you still there?
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Yes....can you tell me in what state your dad resided at his death?