Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I live in Alabama and need to add my partner to my insurance

Customer Question

I live in Alabama and need to add my partner to my insurance benefits bc she had none and needs to see a doctor. ... my benefits Sept said we can add her today is you can get a marriage license provided to us. ... does it have to be an alabama marriage license or can we come they're tomorrow? She needs help and it needs to be soon. ... plz help me?
Submitted: 1 year ago via USmarriagelaws.
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts.
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.
Normally a marriage license from any state will work since the states are all obligated to recognize the laws of another state. As far as when you can go and see them and add her on, that really isn't a legal question, you would have to ask them about that.
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.
Please ask any follow up questions in this thread.