Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

We purchased a car from a dealership in Phx, during

Customer Question

Hello, we purchased a car from a dealership in Phx, during the transaction the dealership manager switched me from a co-sign to a Primary, without informing me, even after asking and questioning the paperwork. He then took the primary, and modify and changed paperwork to push a loan in when it had originally been declined. On top of that, he agreed after much conversation to roll back the loans, but in doing so is demanding 3000$ or he will not submit the paperwork to the bank . Any ideas? I feel fraud was commited by the dealer and lack of verbal honesty, however as now the primary owner even if my other half had not been on the loan the banks stated my score was good enough that I still would have been approved..? Help :(
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The dealer did Offer me to give him 700 off the books then return the car back to us, not in the same condition as they went ahead and painted the rims, removed the racing stripes, etc. I just feel the loan should not have even taken place from the beginning as it was built incorrectly.
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.
Hello
This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard
Please help clarify
1 - You want the new car but you do not want to be the primary loan holder?
2 - Is the other owner able to get the loan on their own or with you as a co signer?
3 - Do you want the car or out of the deal?
4 - What is the extra $3000 for so that the other owner can be the primary on the loan? Because more down payment means less is owed.?