Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I was the president of a home owners association in WA state.

Customer Question

I was the president of a home owners association in WA state. One of my board members and the property management representative were involved together in a inappropriate and decisive situation creating a volatile situation within the board. What are the ramification of this action. It was a breach of trust and misrepresentation of the management company. What am I to do. Where can I go for help in this manner.
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello: This isCustomer I am a licensed Attorney and I will be assisting you today.
Optional Information:
Country relating to Question: United States
State (if USA): Washington
What have you tried so far?: I have resigned as the board president due to this miss trust issue...how do you go forward with a management company that you cannot tust.

Response: You need to look towards your HOA Rules and Regulations on how to proceed, how to remove Board members and how to replace management companies. All these things should be stated in your HOA documents. It would usually require a vote and involvement of the HOA Attorney.