Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Multiple jurisdictions, specialize in business/contract disputes, estate creation and administration.

Hi my friend come to visit me from oversee, he forgot to bring

Hi my friend come to visit me from oversee, he forgot to bring his driver license from another countery, can he drive here in USA if I seat next to him ? or can he drive with driving license from Azerbaijan without me seating next to him?

Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns. I happen to be a licensed New Jersey professional.

My apologies but if he physically does not possess a driver's license, he cannot drive. He cannot drive alone, he cannot drive with you, he cannot drive if anyone else is in the car--he has to have an active lice to be able to use US roads without being at risk of being fined.

I am sorry.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
thanks basically he needs USA driving license, is there any temporary license because my friend going back in couple month

You are most welcome. There are no temporary licensed that I am aware of. Some states are beginning to allow non-citizens to get local licenses, but New Jersey is not one of them, at least not yet.

Good luck!

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
can you also let me know, drivers license from Azerbaijan, are they accepted in USA? I thing there are international

That is a good question--I checked and did not see this license as being deemed Invalid in New Jersey. But if your friend wants to drive, perhaps it would be wise for him to apply for an International Driving Permit so that the license would be in English just in case of a traffic stop:!portal/1012/article/2815/International Driving Permit IDP