Lucy, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Lawyer

Hi, I have an Information Subpoena that I would like to serve

Hi, I have an Information Subpoena that I would like to serve to my husbands employer for child support? Can I do that? Do I need to fill out the back of the form that asks for a physicial description and if so it it of the person being served?

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'd be happy to answer your questions today.

You cannot personally serve a subpeona for a lawsuit in which you are a party. You can have any third party that is over 18 and not a party to the action serve the subpeona on the employer. A police officer may not serve a subpeona. The person who completes service must describe the person who accepts the subpeona, yes, if you do personal service.

An information subpeona is often served on a company by registered or certified mail, which would not require you to give a description (since you can't see who opened the mail). Here is more information on how to serve a subpeona.

If you have any questions or concerns about what I've written, please reply so that I may address them. It's important to me that you are 100% satisfied with the service I provide. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so that I get credit for answering your question. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for that. I was able to find some information online but it was confusing. There was a section that talked about the existence of 3 different kinds of subpoenas but it was unclear whether or not the information subpoena was subject to the same rules as the others.

You're welcome. I know that all the information can be a little overwhelming. Yes, an information subpeona has to be served, but certified mail is allowed.

Good luck with your case.