Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Multiple jurisdictions, specialize in business/contract disputes, estate creation and administration.
18572087

If a business was started while married and this was originally

If a business was started while married and this was originally my career and job but It was taken over by my husband and he blocked me from having access to it. This business was based on the internet and international, It originally started with Apple 10 years ago, if in the case of a divorce how do I figure out what it is & income generated by this if I dont know what the name of it is. Secondly can a lawyer find this by looking thru his banking accounts? can it be discovered by his SSN? what if he is hiding this in countries? or has transfered ownership to his mother or an illegal alien who is in the process of getting citizenship. Is this considered fraud? Can a business be hidden by not using a SSN? If you apply for a taxpayed ID # XXXXX you need to put a SSN? What are my rights to this in a divorce and how do I find out what it is & how much income it brings in? He has also used my email addresses then he has put a hack in this to say Im a hacker or redirected information back to himself. If we get a divorce, will he be required to pay me my share because he has kept this money all to himself and cut me out. is this also fraud?
Thank you for your questions. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns. As you have fairly complex multiple concerns, I will go line by line with my responses.

You posted:
If a business was started while married and this was originally my career and job but It was taken over by my husband and he blocked me from having access to it. This business was based on the internet and international, It originally started with Apple 10 years ago, if in the case of a divorce how do I figure out what it is & income generated by this if I dont know what the name of it is.
That is a fairly tough situation--you have to know the name or at least if the entity even exists. Typically that could be found based on his tax returns or by doing searches via state entities to see if he was listed anywhere as a principal of this business. That may be found with a private investigator as that tends to be cheaper than an attorney.

Secondly can a lawyer find this by looking thru his banking accounts?
Bank accounts, likely not. It is possible if funds were directly wired from specific accounts, but if there are no deposits, a bank account is to be of limited used.

can it be discovered by his SSN?
Typically you would need an EIN (Employer Identification Number) of the company to track the entity directly.

what if he is hiding this in countries?
That makes it even harder to find, it is still possible far less likely.

or has transfered ownership to his mother or an illegal alien who is in the process of getting citizenship.
If such a transfer can be traced, perhaps seeing if it was for value or not would be useful, but such a transfer is not necessarily illegal or fraudulent.

Is this considered fraud?
Not necessarily--not enough information to answer that in one way or another.

Can a business be hidden by not using a SSN?
Yes, there is no obligation to start a business under an SSN, a registered agent can be used and some stated do not require the identities of principals so long as a third party is used as a formal agent.

If you apply for a taxpayed ID # XXXXX you need to put a SSN?
No, you do not.

What are my rights to this in a divorce and how do I find out what it is & how much income it brings in?
You can subpoena the records if you claim those earnings were obtained while married

He has also used my email addresses then he has put a hack in this to say Im a hacker or redirected information back to himself. If we get a divorce, will he be required to pay me my share because he has kept this money all to himself and cut me out. is this also fraud?
That is not fraud since there is no inherent entitlement to you if you are not listed as part owner of the business, but if it was earned while married, it is a potential marital asset that would need to be disclosed and potentially split between the parties.

Hope that helps.

Sincerely,

Dimitry, Esq.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

what is a formal agent? or registered agent?

So in the case of a divorce do Arizona laws apply to property in other states or counrties because this is his residency?

Wouldnt a business account also have his name attached?

Wouldnt he need my authorization being that this was a business made while married? Or under my ID?

When I signed up for Just Answer it never said how long this contract was for I dont need a monthly or yearly subsciption. Just a few questions.

I have seen a pin federal ID to an address in Germany, and a public notice in Dubai, It is looking to me like I have nothing but have seen plenty of proof of global activity with this business but it looks as tho its going to be impossible to find out the name. I have seen a EIN # XXXXX a different name on it & no SSN

Does a business file taxes differently and seperately than an household income?

Im thinking this sounds hopeless to me. In the case of a divorce I didnt want to take his career income source or retirement. I was only interested in what was originally my career source & didn't want to start

the bottom of the barrel. Im going to be 50 & got serous medical problems because I have been a stay at home mom I couldnt get social

because I havent worked for the past 10yrs. Do you have any advise or know if I am able to get social security if I havent worked, I looked under the disabily on social security and it said I wasnt eligable because not work history for 10 years. My husband leaves for months at a time for work

Michele,

Please allow me to respond below:

A 'registered' or a 'formal' agent is a person who act as the representative for the business. For example if a business is started in Arizona, someone who is a resident of Arizona has to be listed as the person who would represent that business, agree to receive mailings, and accept liability on behalf of that business. Same would work if they started a business in Delaware, for example.

If the divorce is filed in Arizona, yes.

Not necessarily. An account could be solely under the business's name or under the name of whomever is designated as the president or treasurer of the entity.

No, not in all states.

That's fine--I am not someone who is in charge of your membership as I am here to directly answer your legal concerns--if you have questions with your membership, that would need to be answered by moderators.

Yes, it does.

While I cannot advise you as I am not your attorney (as per site rules below), there is one suggestion--under US Social Security laws if you have been amrried for someone for 10 years or longer, even if you divorce you can claim 50% of their benefits as your own OR your benefits, whichever is greater. So if necessary you could potentially contact the Social Security Administration for disability and then pursue his benefits as well.

Hope that helps.

Sincerely,

Dimitry, Esq.