WALLSTREETFIGHTER
WALLSTREETFIGHTER, Attorney
Experience:  14 years experience in representing clients, current member of legalshield, legal club of america, NYSUT and UFT attorney
16356563

My question is in regards XXXXX XXXXX something about someone

My question is in regards XXXXX XXXXX something about someone else, i like for my question and answers to be private

WALLSTREETLAW :

Hello and welcome. My name isXXXXX am a Licensed practicing attorney and my goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

WALLSTREETLAW :

What is your question?

Customer:

hello,

WALLSTREETLAW :

yes

Customer:

our converstion will our remain private?

WALLSTREETLAW :

yes,

Customer:

will our* sorry have a little one hitting my keys

WALLSTREETLAW :

I will advise the customer service office to make it private and not disclose any identifiable information

Customer:

ok thank you

Customer:

i said something about someone in a very nasty way. My husband had relations with another woman an got her pregnant while i was still pregnant. Can i be sued for defamation?

WALLSTREETLAW :

Typically this would not be defamation, you are entitled to your opinion,

WALLSTREETLAW :

Typically, the elements of a cause of action for defamation include:

1. A false and defamatory statement concerning another;

2. The unprivileged publication of the statement to a third party (that is, somebody other than the person defamed by the statement);

3. If the defamatory matter is of public concern, fault amounting at least to negligence on the part of the publisher; and

4. Damage to the plaintiff.

Customer:

ok even if it was posted on my facebook page.

WALLSTREETLAW :

If you posted something false about her, and she can prove she suffered some damage, it may be possible however it would have to be proven to be false,

WALLSTREETLAW :

and that you should have known at the time it was false,

Customer:

with her picture i was really angry, this is what i said "this is the whore my husband decided to impregnate while i was still pregnant. I guess bastards will be bastards. I guess it was an easy vagina" like i said i was really mad

Customer:

plus my baby is only 3 months and my hormones are still a little crazy. i know that is no excuse.

WALLSTREETLAW :

Was the comment removed?

Customer:

yes i removed it right away

Customer:

but she did she it. i was not my intend for her to see it.

Customer:

intent*

WALLSTREETLAW :

I doubt she would sue you for it, as it was removed soon, and her damage is limited,

WALLSTREETLAW :

also you have a strong argument this is your opinion and no one reading your statement was assert that you are claiming a fact about her,

Customer:

i heard that her mom is trying to do something about it. This other woman an i have messaged each other and i was so upset that i called her a whore a the baby a bastard but that was not published it was through an individual conversation.

WALLSTREETLAW :

A defamation case would cost her 10-15,000 in legal fees, I would not worry

WALLSTREETLAW :

stating she is a whore would be an opinion and she did get pregnant,

WALLSTREETLAW :

while you were pregnant,

WALLSTREETLAW :

if that was false a defamation case would be easier for her,

Customer:

plus to my understanding she is having my husband's child and even my husbands family admits it by stating that they love theisr soon to be grandchild

WALLSTREETLAW :

If anything you may want to post an apology on facebook, if you are worried,

WALLSTREETLAW :

In terms of legal action it would be rare,

WALLSTREETLAW :

I would not worry, and any statement you made would be considered an opinion, and you would have a defense

Customer:

i have said a lot about her during my anger moments but that has been between my husband and i.

WALLSTREETLAW :

that is fine,

WALLSTREETLAW :

for a defamation case to be valid it has to be published so others in the community can read it or hear it,

WALLSTREETLAW :

and she must prove damage

Customer:

even though i posted it on my facebook page? im pretty sure other people saw it. not sure about her community.

WALLSTREETLAW :

yes,

WALLSTREETLAW :

a defamation case is possible, however the fact it was removed, and the fact that you did not make any false allegation that anyone would take as fact,

WALLSTREETLAW :

would make such a lawsuit rare,

WALLSTREETLAW :

also if it was taken down, her actual claim of damage is limited.

Customer:

she cannot say i damaged her reputation when she already slept with a married man while his wife was pregnant and according to what im told she is engaged to another man.

WALLSTREETLAW :

if you put her picture up and stated she got pregnant from my husband on purpose, and she was not pregnant that would be defamatory as it is false,

WALLSTREETLAW :

yes,

Customer:

ok thank you.

WALLSTREETLAW :

good luck, and if you have any further questions please do not hesitate to ask.

Customer:

I will not worry for now then. Thank you. This conversation will remain private, am i correct?

WALLSTREETLAW :

Yes, I will ask customer service to make it private and not to have any names disclosed,

WALLSTREETLAW :

or emails,

WALLSTREETLAW :

If satisfied with our service please provide us with positive feedback, thank you

Customer:

Thanks i will