Chris T., JD
Chris T., JD, Attorney
Experience:  Experienced in both state and federal court.
45002201

Is boy love fiction legal?

Is it okay to write boy love fiction. Boy love fiction are stories of men/boy love. Also, are boy love sites legal if they don't promote illegal activity?

Chris T., JD :

Good evening. I'll be assisting you with your quesiton.

Chris T., JD :

*question.

Chris T., JD :

To answer you directly, yes, such material is not illegal and enjoys First Amendment protection.

JACUSTOMER-vbd6fbuf- :

Okay, because I've been worried that looking at these sites will send me to jail.

Chris T., JD :

No, looking at those sites will not bring law enforcement attention by themselves.

Chris T., JD :

However, if the police, for whatever reason suspected you of other wrong doing involving children, obviously those sites would be very incriminating.

JACUSTOMER-vbd6fbuf- :

I have never done anything wrong with a child and plan NEVER to do such a thing. I would never want to harm a child.

Chris T., JD :

So, while it is not illegal, I would advise against it. Besides how bad it could look to law enforcement, it is probably not a good thing to reinforce in a person's mind.

JACUSTOMER-vbd6fbuf- :

What about writing stories. Is that legal?

Chris T., JD :

No, that is not illegal, either. Again, while it may be a bad idea for a number of reasons, it isn't illegal.

JACUSTOMER-vbd6fbuf- :

Okay. I'm just worried about going to jail for looking at those sites, and now that I know I won't I feel better. I'm going to try to follow your advice and just not look at the sites.

Chris T., JD :

I think that is wise. It probably is best to avoid them, more for personal reasons than legal ones.

JACUSTOMER-vbd6fbuf- :

Thank you.