David C. Garner
David C. Garner, Attorney
Experience:  JD with Distinction, Admitted to practice in California
19551178

My 17 year old grandson committed suicide in boulder Colorado.

My 17 year old grandson committed suicide in boulder Colorado. Since he's a minor Iam not allowed to read the suicide note he left behind. His parents won't let anyone see it and I feel the need to understand his mind set that made him committ suicide. How can I read the note?

David C. Garner :

Hello, are you there?

David C. Garner :

Hello

Customer: Yes Iam Are you there
David C. Garner :

I am here

David C. Garner :

Hello......

David C. Garner :

Are you there?

Hello, I'll be happy to help as soon as you write back.

DCG

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I tried writing back and there wasn't a response
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I tried writing back and there wasn't a response Cancel my payment if I don't get a answer

I want to try to help, but I am not receiving your responses. Are you there? Please reply and I will try and help.

DCG

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Iam going to sleep now please type the response and email it to me, we're not on line at the same time it seems

First of all, I am really sorry about your loss. It must be so hurtful for you and I wish I could say something to assuage that hurt. I can't, so please know that you have my sympathy.

That said, I know of no law in Colorado or anywhere else whereby you can compel parents (even if they are your children) to release such a document. I am sure they are hurting too and there is likely no way to intervene, legally or otherwise.

Hopefully, time will heal these wounds. Until then, I don' think there is much you can do. Please don't shoot the messenger.

I hope this helps.

DCG