Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Multiple jurisdictions, specialize in business/contract disputes, estate creation and administration.
18572087

I AM A GAY MAN & I WAS LET GO DUE TO QUOTE "POLITICLE REASONS".

I AM A GAY MAN & I WAS LET GO DUE TO QUOTE "POLITICLE REASONS". WHAT DOES THAT MEAN? I WAS THERE FOR THREE YEARS. I NEVER ACTED ON MY SEXUAL ORIENTATION WHILE WORKING THERE SO WHY?
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 9 months ago.
Thank you for your post. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns.

My apologies but you kindly explain the situation a bit more? Let go from where? What happened? I am assuming this was an employer--if so, could you generally describe the employer--was it private sector, public sector, and your position. Thank you!
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

I WAS A CONTRACTOR WORKING FOR CHEVRON/PHILLIPS IN PASADENA TEXAS. I AM A CIVIL/STRUCTURAL DRAFTING DESIGNER. I WAS TOLD APROXIMITLY ONE MONTH AGO THAT I WAS NOT UP TO THEIR EXPECTATIONS(AFTER 3 YRS) & SENT ON AN INTERVIEW TO CEADER BAYOU, BAYTOWN, TEXAS(CHEVTON/PHILLIPS) FOR AN INTERVIEW. I WAS NOT ACCEPTED. WAS TOLD TO PACK MY BAGS 3 WEEKS LATER & ESCORTED OUT.

Michael,

Thank you for your follow-up. So far I am not quite seeing how your sexual orientation may have come into play. Why do you think that was a factor?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

WHY AFTER 3 YRS EMPLOYMENT WORKING THERE DID THIS HAPPEN? NO ONE CAMPLAINED TO ME & I CANNOT SEE WHY ELSE. I DID SUTILY TELL ON PERSON THAT I WAS LIVING WITH ANOTHER MAN. NEVER SAYING I WAS GAY. I THINK THE MESSAGE GOT OUT.

Michael,

Thank you for your follow-up. Texas is an 'at-will' state. That means that unless you were contractual, an employer can terminate you at any time and without cause. An employer does not need a reason, he can do so for a good reason or no reason at all. As for protection, an employer generally cannot terminate if the reason is against state or federal law IF the reason is based on those factors. Such factors include termination due to your age, gender, race, religion, national origin, creed, or disability if any. Recent federal decisions have found for protection for those who have a gender identity concern, and while some states have included sexual orientation as part of their protected classes, Texas has not. In that sense even if it was due to your sexual preference, based on current law it would not be against the law. Having said that, at least from your own facts I am not seeing anything even partially able to be tied to your preference as a reason for termination.

I wish I had a different answer for you, but I must be honest and professional with what I see. Please be well.

Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience: Multiple jurisdictions, specialize in business/contract disputes, estate creation and administration.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Thank you for your time. I much expected this.

Michael,

You are most welcome, and I am genuinely sorry. Good luck to you.

If you found my information to be useful, kindly do not forget to positively rate my answers so that I can obtain credit for my work. Thank you!

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

I EXPECTED THIS. TEXAS IS A VERY CONCERVATIVE STATE, BUT I DO LOVE IT HERE. THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!

Michael,

You are most welcome and good luck!