AttyCBradford
AttyCBradford, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney At Law

i have a problematic neighbor. i have a protective order against

i have a problematic neighbor. i have a protective order against her sometime live - in boyfriend. they both sell drugs from her house (actually her father owns the home). she has a 9 yr old daughter living in the house while all this is going on. the boyfriend also broke into my sister's home and stole her air conditioner unit. the police have been timid about doing anything about any of these problems. Is there a type of lawyer that can help me get rid of this guy, get him arrested, pester them into leaving, or get the property seized by the government? thanks in advance
Expert:  AttyCBradford replied 5 months ago.

AttyCBradford :

If you have footage of the drug traffiking have you reported it to the police? That would seem to be the most logical explanation

AttyCBradford :

Also if you have a restraining order then he should not be anywhere near you depending on the terms of the restraining order

Customer:

i have, but they say that they need the actual drug sale for them to do something. The restraining order allows him to be at his girlfriend's house because he said it's his residence...only a chain lonk fence is between our properties. you can see why i'm looking for more help!

AttyCBradford :

I understand, and had a feeling there might have been that clause in the restraining order

Customer:

i have reported the significant traffic to cps, but i don't think they will do anything if the sheriff won't either

AttyCBradford :

CPS is such a hard place honestly. They are so overworked that they don't always focus on the cases that should be

AttyCBradford :

Did you report the theft? I would make sure to report that as well

Customer:

yes, but again, they didn't even interview him. I don't understand it. I am working on getting people who did the job to make statements, but they are not very eager for obvious reasons

Customer:

i don't understand it

Customer:

already said that, sorry

AttyCBradford :

It seems as though you have taken almost all legal recourse that you can. The only other thing would be if he violated the restraining order, which it doesn't sound like he has done ye t

AttyCBradford :

to then report that

Customer:

i gave them the name of the guy that drove the truck when he stole the air conditioner and also the name of the under age person that the female at the house has sold drugs to

Customer:

there's no sort of legal someone that can work to get anything done about any of it, then?

AttyCBradford :

The only other thing would be to contact the District Attorney and see if they will take the case for the theft

Customer:

oh, ok...just present my case to them and let them decide?

AttyCBradford :

yes, generally the police do, but you could see if you could contact someone there. Otherwise I would keep calling CPS anonymously as well. Eventually they will have to look into the case. Any idea where the child's father is? That might be another avenue

AttyCBradford :

If I have answered all of your questions please press accept and provide positive feedback so I will get credit for assisting you. PLEASE NOTE: this is a PAID answering service and we only receive credit for assisting you if you accept the answer. If you are not satisfied and need additional assistance, please ask before providing negative feedback and I would be glad to assist you further. Sometimes I am working with more than one customer at a time so please allow a chance to respond. Thank you and I wish you the best in your situation! I strongly suggest that you consult with a local attorney in your area on this matter. This information is provided for general informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice nor has an attorney-client relationship been formed.

Customer:

ok. yeah, they have a lot of issues like the power being off a lot, water being off a lot, the daughter missing school and all of that. I will keep documenting it and see if I can get anywhere. It's very frustrating. Unfortunately, she has never even told me the daughter's father's name, so that would be even more difficult. I will try to contact the DA, which sounds like my best bet. I have been trying to get a POC at the Sheriff for neighborhood watch, but haven't had any response so far. Thanks for your help.

AttyCBradford, Lawyer
Experience: Attorney At Law