Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law

I was taken by force to a room in back of a store ..the manager

I was taken by force to a room in back of a store ..the manager said I put a billfold in the back of my pants. they did not find the billfold on me or in the store.they did not appoligize..took me by force out the door,,,no I did not take anything,,they said if I ever came back I wouid be arrested for I have a case? thank you
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

A store can detain someone suspected of shoplifting for investigation. They cannot use more than reasonable force needed to complete their investigation. They could not forcibly remove you from the store by force if you have done nothing wrong and this sounds like it could be a potential claim for false imprisonment by the store and also for battery and assault for their conduct and you need to be looking for personal injury attorneys in your area for assistance.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

This is NOT the practice of law nor is it legal advice to you, it is merely educational information for you to use to seek out a licensed attorney in your state to get actual legal advice from them. Please use sites such as or or to find a local attorney to get actual legal advice in all matters.