LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Experience:  9+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.
9540344

My daughters new boyfriend has been seperated for 18months

My daughters new boyfriend has been seperated for 18months and has a 3 yr old daughter with his ex. She has found that he has been seeing my daughter, and has now said you either dump your girlfriend or you will never see you daughter again. Can she actually do this, he sees the daughter every other weekend..
Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.

Good afternoon. Is there any court order in place at this time, for the father, allowing visitation ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
As far as I am aware he has her every other weekend Friday after play school to Monday morning when he drops her back to playschool
Thank you for the additional information. If there is a court order in place at this time, allowing him to have her every other weekend, then it will control and the mother can not prevent the father from having the child, unless she takes him back to court and has the order modified. If there is no order in place, the father would then need to petition the court and have visitation ordered. The botXXXXX XXXXXne is this, the decision of the father to date your daughter should not have any effect on his ability to see the child, unless of course doing so would create a harm, danger or threat, to her. The fact that the ex/mother is unhappy that he is seeing someone else can not be used against him to take away his rights to see the child.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
She has sais she will take him back to court to have visitations removed because he is seeing my daughter, and when he was younger he was in a bit of trouble with police, nothing major, but that was 10years ago, she is saying that cos of that and seeing my daughter he will never be able to see his daughter again. Is that true?
No, it is not. The reason being, is that the Judge is going to look at what is in the best interest of the child and if the father is doing anything at this time, to endanger the child. The fact that he was in trouble when he was younger is not relevant at this time, to seeing his daughter and the mother taking away those rights. Something very serious would need to happen, involving the child and parent, for their parental right and/or visitation to be taken away.