Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

It appears I am considered potentially dangerous to my community

It appears I am considered potentially dangerous to my community and in general the public
It appears I am the subject in problem-orientated policing efforts
State police, public safety, and public service and private business enlisted to employ
"problem-solving techniques" in an "all options" approach to implement the 4D's (Detect,
Distract, Deter, Deny).
Since a crime has not been committed and I haven't been charged with anything or arrested
what can I do to stop this investigation. The Washington Post stated in an article that
these type of investigations are ruled as inconclusive allowing for the continued
gathering of intelligence, surveillance, etc.
Either officially or unofficially, communications equipment, surveillance equipment or
escalation of force equipment is being used based on the strategies and tactis set for forth
by experts for non-lethal weapons use and applications.
How do I get this to stop?
Expert:  Ely replied 10 months ago.
Hello friend. My name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: (1) this is general information only, not legal advice, and, (2) there may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my reply.
I am very sorry for your situation. I am going to assume for the purpose of this matter that you feel that you can prove the case by a preponderance of the evidence.
In such a case, if state entities are harassing you, someone in your situation may wish to file litigation to have them stop.
Causes of Action
To sue in a state court, one needs to have a "cause of action." There are numerous causes of action, such as "breach of contract," "negligence," "fraud," "unjust enrichment," etc., as well as causes of action rooted in statutory law. Every state has their own although they are very similar to each other in every state because they all stem from the same common law. A pleading in Court needs at least one cause of action, although it is not unusual to have more than one.
Here, this may be enough for:
INTENTIONAL INFLICTION OF EMOTIONAL DISTRESS: 1) extreme and outrageous conduct; (2) intentional or reckless infliction of emotional distress; and (3) actual result to the plaintiff of severe emotional distress. Restatement (Second) of Torts, supra; Grimsby v. Samson, supra; Contreras v. Crown Zellerbach Corp., 88 Wn.2d 735, 565 P.2d 1173 (1977).
INVASION OF PRIVACY: can include the invasion of a person's physical solitude, usually in a highly offensive manner. Courts have found the use of hidden cameras and microphones to be actionable.
Suing the State
The state may be sued. Const. art. II, §26. However, under Wash. Rev. Code Ann. §§4.92.005 et seq (see here), the claim must be something that shows gross negligence and/or show malice. The state enjoys a limited immunity.
An attorney is recommended. If funds are an issue, please let me know via REPLY and I can possibly provide leads for low cost/pro bono counsel.
Good luck.
I hope this helps and clarifies. Gentle Reminder: Use the reply button to keep chatting, or please rate and submit your rating when we are finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of the top three faces and then submit, as this is how I get credit for my time with you. Rating my answer the bottom two faces does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correctt. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

We chatted before, thank you for your comments. Under attorneys, what

categories (specializing in) would i likely include in my search?

Thanks

Expert:  Ely replied 10 months ago.
A,
I remember now; of course.
Under attorneys, what categories (specializing in) would i likely include in my search?
GENERAL PRACTICE, TORT, and/or LITIGATION are areas of attorneys one should concentrate on.
Thanks
You are more than welcome.
Gentle Reminder: Please use the reply button to keep chatting, or rate and submit your rating when we are finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating.
Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience: Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Expert:  Ely replied 10 months ago.
Thank you for your gratuity.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.

''An attorney is recommended. If funds are an issue, please let me know via REPLY and I can possibly provide leads for low cost/pro bono counsel.''

Yes, thank you. Suggestions for either route please (privacy or intentional inflict...)

I'm going to include some general information in case an attorney would like an initial review of the circumstances.

Sincerely,

===General Information===

I may have to explain my narrative further for you to provide general information that properly reflects.

Since last I explained this I found the techniques and tactics and technologies involved match up with counter-insurgency military doctrine. This doctrine has been adopted by various agencies and entities under the auspices of community policing, public safety,
etc. There are a number of grant programs to further these changes to public policy.

There is also technology/knowledge transfer from military national guard, etc to civilian authorities. If not free, it's pretty close to this for the civilian authorities. If what is need for an operation is not available via the government programs there are business to government procurement channels, although the procuring entity must intially
purchase the products or services. If an operation scales high then military will run the operation (title 10/versus title 32)

There are also a number of laws that have changed to allow intelligence gathering not based on probably cause. In fact, often investigations can be open and intelligence gathering can begin based on a subjective evaluation.

My guess is that the nonlethal directed energy systems are being "evaluated", albeit in real world scenarios. Probably, Department of Justice >> Bureau of Justice >> Recovery Act >> new and innovative policing techniques. International humanitarian law generally advices evaluation of new technologies prior to employment. Further,
my guess is the daily tactical plans incorporate a minimum force standard intending to avoid conflict with existing civil rights and humanitarian laws. Also, the daily operations seem to be designed to be clandestine to avoid public scrutiny and potential law suits.

The same policing system is used for a certain set of high priority crimes and scales both geographically and force application/threat level.

Three main reasons why it's been rather confusing (1) It's the same system used for a wide array of potential crimes, so figuring what happened and how to solve it is next to impossible. (2) Counter-insurgency military doctrine has two main sub-components: information operations and asymmetric warfare. Information operations includes five things, two of which are psychological operations and electronic warfare. So there is a level of deception present designed to distract, deter, deny and disrupt daily living. (3) It scales, so the majority of the time it is your neighbors and in general community but if travelling across state or even internationally, the
investigated are met with a daily tactical plan wherever they go.

The type of daily things that are happening, try to picture the hand held phasor on the sci-fi Star Trek series. The phasor concept included an adjustable beam width, 16 varying power levels, blast or stream. And there were a number of effects, from heating rocks to stun to kill. A real life system has many possible effects including inserting pertubations into daily living situations. My belief is that the assessment team is under time/cost restraints so must artificially attempt to provoke. Public Safety is there to clean up if anything goes really wrong.

I paid 5k for a directed energy report that verified these DE solutions are being produced and used for Homeland Defense with solutions offered/manufacturers/pictures/etc. I've even found the government procurement channels for purchase and grant programs.

It's not just myself but also my two small children. It's effected-based, contributing to an ends justify the means philosophy in daily operations. The systems are classifed as nonlethal, operate at a stand off distance, are silent and invisible. The operators at the lowest

echelons don't appear to be held to a high standard of accountability.

My children and I are shot in our private areas, the eyes, in the head, etc.

Counter-insurgency strategy says it's a protracted battle that must be won over time. This translates into daily operations designed to wear an adversary out, using weapon systems that apply a minimum standard of force, don't kill innocents and doesn't destroy infrastructure. Application of force is not the only weapon, the operations seek to build the communities involved socially, politically and economically and tear down the individual.

Expert:  Ely replied 2 months ago.
Thank you for your reply. What exactly are you asking here?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.

possible leads for low cost/pro bono counsel. Or any highly recommended. Sorry, it's well past the time I initially posted. I included some background and situational information in case you wanted to forward this to potential counsel for review prior to responding.

Anthony

Expert:  Ely replied 2 months ago.
Thank you for that clarification.
Please note - suing any government agency is very tough and due to unusual nature of such claims, it is NOT recommended to pursue anything without counsel.
I can recommend three resources. First, here is a list of all pro bono work in the state...
http://www.abanet.org/legalservices/probono/directory/washington.html
…and another list:
http://www.lawhelp.org
Finally, you may call your local law school and see if they have a legal clinic place available. The legal clinic is a free service the school(s) provide to the community. While they are often overbooked, they have openings sometimes. Here is the list law schools in your state:
http://www.hg.org/law-schools-washington.asp
Gentle Reminder: Please, use the reply button to keep chatting, or rate positively and submit your rating when we are finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.

May I hire JustAnswers again to respond to the same question? Because I've provided additional background and detail. I'm interested to find out if the general informational answer differs in light of.

What kind of attorney to begin my search (areas of specialty)?

Expert:  Ely replied 2 months ago.
This would be a general practice or a tort attorney.
JustAnswer experts cannot represent you, if this is what you mean. However, you can REPLY and continue asking follow ups related to this question at no charge. A question that significantly varies from the original matter requires a new thread, however.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.

Thank you, ***** ***** great.

Expert:  Ely replied 2 months ago.
My pleasure; good luck.