LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Experience:  9+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.

Truck Driver cited for speeding. Q: Other than a "not guilty"

Truck Driver cited for speeding.
Q: Other than a "not guilty" verdict, what favorable outcome can driver with a CDL expect?
I heard drivers with commercial D.L. are not offered deferred adjudication,is that true?
Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.

Good afternoon. What you heard is correct. A deferred adjudication would not be offered. As such, since the result of a conviction could be a suspension of the CDL and have an adverse effect on the holder of the license, this is likely a situation in which the case needs to go to trial, unless it can be amended or dismissed. An amendment or a dismissal are the only other "favorable" outcomes, since the end result is to preserve the CDL. It is certainly in your best interest to retain a traffic ticket defense attorney to represent your legal interest. The first thing which they will want to do, is review the face of the citation and see if there is a legal basis to get it dismissed. If not, they will then have to look over the facts of the case and decide if it is in your best interest to work out a plea deal or to take the case to trial and make the State prove the allegation against you. The officer will need to be present. If he/she fails to appear at trial, the case will likely be dismissed, unless a continuance is granted by the Judge, upon the showing of good cause. If the officer does appear, your attorney will be given a chance to cross examine them and attack their credibility. The attorney is going to want to inspect their documents and log book, to make sure that the speed measuring device was properly calibrated, that they have the citation logged and are certified to use the equipment. Moreover, they will question them about their training and experience, trying to create doubt that they may have not known what they were doing and improperly measured your speed. They will also raise any other possible defenses, which you may have, to try and obtain a finding of not guilty.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

If driver pleads no contest or guilty or simply pays the ticket his CDL will be suspended?

It is possible in certainly situations and based upon the drivers history. Here is a link from the State, that goes into further detail, which can be viewed and applied to the situation.