Joseph, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with significant and substantial experience in multiple areas of law.

We bought a used pickup Friday. The lights dont work, Rides

We bought a used pickup Friday. The lights dont' work, Rides really rough, Shimmys. We don't want this pickup. Would like our trade in back.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer,

My name isXXXXX am a licensed attorney, and my goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

Can you tell me if you purchased the truck 'as is' or did the dealer make any implied or express warranties about the truck?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

As is We bought extened warranty

Can you tell me what the warranty covers?

Were any representations made to you that were outside of the contract?

Also, can you tell me what question you have regarding your situation?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I'm not sure what the warrenty covers. Just want to know if the dealership has to void this contract.

No, unfortunately, since you purchased the truck 'as is' with no implied or express warranty (other than that covered in the extended warranty) the dealership does not have to void your contract on your request.

You may be thinking of the 3 day right of recession on contracts for certain goods or the lemon law, but the former does not apply to the purchases of vehicles, and the latter only applies to the purchase of NEW cars or trucks.

I hope the above information is helpful, although I realize it is not what you wanted to hear. I sincerely XXXXX XXXXX had better news to give you, but I hope you appreciate an honest and direct answer to your question. It would be unprofessional of me and unfair to you to provide you with anything less.

Please let me know if you have any follow up or clarifying questions as I want to ensure that you are completely satisfied with my service.
If not, PLEASE remember to rate my answer POSITIVELY (Excellent Service) so I get credit for my work. I put significant time and effort into my answers and DON’T receive anything unless you rate me positively. It doesn’t cost you anything extra and is necessary even though you’ve made a deposit. Please also rate me highly (10) when you receive your customer satisfaction survey.

Thanks and best of luck!