Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law

Hello i had international law Question if possible an expert

Hello i had international law Question if possible an expert in international Law answer my question, Thank you.
i will ask my question once an expert in international law reply me.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 5 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

What is your specific international law issue?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.

Hello, there is a person from iran who steal credit cards online of american and use for his own purposes and call and harrase to our house and send 20 pizzas by calling and paying it online and sending Ambulance, he is doing this over 1 year and FBI know his ip but i do not know why they do not do anything, is it possible this person get caught?

Thank you for your response.

The problem with the FBI doing anything is they have no jurisdiction at all in Iran. The US does not even have an international treaty with Iran to extradite an Iranian citizen to the US to face any criminal charges if the FBI were to file charges against him in the US, which they could do since the fraudulent charges were made in the US. Thus, even if the FBI were to identify the person through the IP address, they would get no cooperation or assistance they would need from Iran to positively identify the person and even if they were to positively identify him and obtain an arrest warrant for him, they would have no way to enforce that warrant to get him to the US for charges and Iran will not charge him based on any US warrants or investigation because there is no treaty with Iran for them to do so.

You can contact the authorities in Iran and seek to file credit card fraud charges in Iran and then it is in the hands of the Iranian authorities who would likely argue that because the actual fraud took place in the US with charges to US companies that it was out of their jurisdiction to charge him in Iran.

The International Criminal Court handles crimes of aggression and war crimes, but they are not likely to get involved in a case like this and furthermore Iran has not agreed to subject itself to the jurisdiction of the International Criminal Court either.

So, as you see, your case is in one of those holes where the laws just would make it hard to enforce unless this person came to the US and then he could be arrested and prosecuted. If you know he is coming to the US, then you need to actually contact your local FBI office with all of your evidence against him and get them to get an arrest warrant for him to arrest him when he gets to the US and that is likely the only way you could get any justice in this matter.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

This is NOT the practice of law nor is it legal advice to you, it is merely educational information for you to use to seek out a licensed attorney in your state to get actual legal advice from them. Please use sites such as http://www.martindale.com or http://www.lexmundi.com or http://www.hg.org to find a local attorney to get actual legal advice in all matters.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.

Thank you very much For the information

But i heard if USA law or interpol involve in this matter and contact pakistan, as pakistan have a good relation ship with iran then this person can get caught is this true? or is it any chance pakistan get this person from iran? and also why interpole does not get this person?

Thank you for your response.

The relationship with the US and Pakistan is tenuous at best and not used for financial crimes of this level, it is used for crimes of aggression (violence) at the most and then it takes a lot of threats of cutting off money to get Pakistan to comply. Interpol, contrary to popular belief, does not arrest anyone, they are merely a law enforcement information gathering agency and computer reporting agency, they do not go out and arrest anyone or get warrants on anyone and Iran has pretty much no agreement for law enforcement within their borders with anyone aligned with the US, save some agreements with Pakistan for major violent criminal offenses.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience: JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law